The cinema experience at home: LG launches new 4K laser projectors
LG Electronics has announced it is upgrading the home cinema experience with CineBeam 4K laser projector models HU715Q and HU710P, the company’s most advanced projectors to date.
Compact and easy to set up, both models are said to be suitable for most indoor spaces but also look great in backyards after the sun has set, LG says.
The new LG HU715Q Ultra Short Throw (UST) features sophisticated technologies such as auto brightness and the ability to create a 100-inch image when placed only 21.7 centimetres from the wall, delivering “stellar picture quality in a flexible, space-conscious design”. It also features a premium fabric cover from Danish textile company Kvadrat.
The LG HU710P, meanwhile, promises to deliver brighter images and deeper blacks courtesy of a wheel-less hybrid laser.
With both units delivering 4K resolution with 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, the advanced laser technology in the new projectors delivers a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and high peak brightness, elevating content by revealing more details in dark and bright scenes, LG says.
Thanks to keystone correction with 4-, 9- and 15-point warping, the projectors are said to provide easy horizontal and vertical alignment which allows for flexible placement without distortion. The HU715Q model generates 2,500 ANSI lumens with a laser light source while LG HU710P delivers 2,000 ANSI lumens of brightness via laser-LED hybrid technology.
In addition, both are rated for 20,000 hours of use which translated to a lifespan four times longer than conventional projector lamps.
The new CineBeam projectors feature a number of advanced image-enhancing technologies for the optimal viewing experience:
- Brightness Optimiser which makes adjustments according to ambient light conditions.
- Dynamic Tone Mapping which analyses and fine tunes each frame to support superior HDR performance for what LG describes as “stunningly real, incredibly vivid images” regardless of the content or light level of the room.
- Filmmaker Mode displays movies the way their directors intended them to be seen, LG says, replicating the exact look and feel of a theatrical release by preserving the original aspect ratio, frame rate and colours.
- LG’s webOS smart platform offers intuitive controls and navigation with easy access to a wide range of popular streaming services including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and Apple TV.
- [LG HU715Q only] Built-in quad woofers and 2.2-channel stereo heighten the sense of immersion, addition of surround sound when connected to one or two Bluetooth speakers.
Seo Young-jae, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company, commented: “More and more consumers appreciate being able to watch their favorite content in real cinematic scale, which is why the home projector segment is experiencing such strong growth. Specifically designed for movie lovers and the residential home market, LG CineBeam offers outstanding brightness, excellent picture and sound quality as well as a choice of the most popular streaming apps on webOS. Anyone thinking of creating or upgrading a home theatre system won’t be disappointed with a CineBeam projector from LG.”
LG CineBeam 4K laser projector models HU715Q and HU710P will be available in the first quarter of 2022 starting in key markets of North America, Europe and Asia followed by the Middle East and Latin America.
Key selling points:
- Brighter images with higher contrast than previous models
- Great sound quality
- Include streaming apps on webOS
For more home entertainment news, click here