Allterco unveils new next-gen smart home solutions with Shelly Plus Line
IoT and smart home brand Allterco have announced the introduction of the Shelly Plus Line. The next generation of Shelly devices boasts ultra-fast processing via a ESP32 processor and quicker connectivity via Bluetooth.
In addition to the proven Wi-Fi connection, the new line also builds upon the brand’s robust integration capabilities and offers enhanced safety features to provide the “ultimate experience in home automation and control”, said a spokesman for Allterco.
With the release of Shelly Plus 1 and Shelly Plus 1PM, first of many upcoming Plus products, Allterco Robotics says it continues to demonstrate a commitment to delivering superior home automation innovation in high-quality, affordable devices.
As the global smart home market continues to grow rapidly, consumers and home automation enthusiasts are seeking out superior smart devices that are reliable, innovative, and easily integrated, the company says.
With the introduction of the Shelly Plus line, Shelly’s newest relays – Shelly Plus 1 and Shelly Plus 1PM – promise “perfected control for any smart home environment”.
Shelly Plus 1 is designed to improve the home automation experience and enhance lighting control; Shelly Plus 1PM offers elevated control for electrical appliances with precise power metering.
Key features for both smart relays include:
- Quicker connectivity – With the addition of Bluetooth, customers can now quickly and easily add Shelly devices to their home automation account.
- Improved device shell – The Plus line features a significantly improved shell with small dimensions, enabling Shelly relays to easily fit behind any wall switch or socket. The wiring diagram is printed on the devices’ shell to ensure safe and easy installation.
- Emphasis on safety and security – The Plus line Includes a temperature sensing software to prevent failures and overheating risks. Devices’ firmware now supports more encryption modes and offers secure storage. Shelly 1PM is equipped with power and voltage surge protection.
- Revamped API – New API interface with standardised RPC allows for a wide-range of cloud-connected and local integrations ensuring a lower cost for implementation.
- No hub required – All Shelly Plus line devices can be controlled directly without a hub through the Shelly Cloud App. Users can also easily integrate them with most popular third-party home automation platforms and voice assistants, as well as combine them with other smart devices already installed in the home.
A next-generation smart home experience
According to Allterco, its new line of Shelly products was designed with the consumer in mind. With these new capabilities, Shelly Plus smart relays ensure DIY customers can:
Monitor and manage power consumption: Featuring precise power readers, users can monitor and analyse the power consumption of electrical appliances via the Shelly Plus 1PM. The ability to measure each channel separately helps avoid overconsumption with a pre-set limit and notifies the user or switches off the device, Allterco says.
Automate and control any electrical appliance: For kitchen appliances and domestic monitoring systems, the Shelly Plus smart relays can automate any electrical appliance and enable users to control it remotely.
Easily set “smart” scenes: By combining Shelly with other devices in the home network, users can manage everything from heating appliances to lighting, garage doors to irrigation systems, Allterco says. Customers can activate custom scenes based on hour, light, or specific occurrences set to their exact preferences.
Custom scripting: Shelly Plus devices custom scripting functionalities allow developers to create personal scripts based on light, hour, weather or various occurrences, and make them accessible to all users on the feature store, providing customisation opportunities.
Allterco chief executive, Dimitar Dimitrov, commented: “For four years every day, we’ve been learning from our customers, carefully listening to their feedback. And all the knowledge we gathered was implemented into the next generation of Shelly home automation devices. Starting with the Shelly Plus line as the first of many to follow devices that use this cutting-edge technology, we are thrilled to introduce exceptional improvements in both hardware and firmware. With this, we once again declare our commitment to perfecting the product line and deliver powerful, yet easy-to-use devices.”
For more smart home news, click here.
Photo – top of page – Stephan Bechert / Unsplash